Friday, April 25, 2008

Decisions

As many of you know MaRea has been quite sick these last few days. Wednesday I left work early to be with her and help where I could. When I returned home I found her in bed clearly unable to do much of anything. I brought home four movies (thanks to Redbox) and spent the rest of the day just being with her. It felt good to be able to take care of her after all she does for me. The next morning I decided to take the day off. It turned out to be a great day. Not only did I get to do my part in helping her feel better, but I got to spend the entire day with Kade.

We started by working out in the yard. Most of the time he loves helping me work. As I was digging he would occasionally trip and say "I'm OK", then he would pick up a shovel and start moving dirt and proudly state "I'm doing it daddy." After getting our holes dug it was off to WalMart. I decided to make dutch oven ribs, potatoes and cobbler. At Walmart Kaden got to choose a tractor that he could have after he did his business (I refuse to write "poops in the potty"). His eyes lit up like christmas morning and he picked a tractor he later had to sleep with during his nap. We invited Lindsey and Riley over to enjoy the dutch oven dinner (it was spectacular). Even the depressing loss by the Jazz couldn't have ruined that day and MaRea is getting alot better. She said Kaden was so excited that I didn't go to work. A day like yesterday puts perspective how good things are in my life.

As I reflect on the decisions made in my life whether by me or by someone else I am so grateful for all of them. Even the most painful ones. Because without them I would not be who I am and I would not be with who I am with.

5 comments:

TnD said...

Perfect day.

MaRea Hess said...

Kyle was so very sweet. It makes me a little sad that I am starting to feel a little better because I don't get pampered by him as much. Wednesday Kyle came home yearly stopped and got some pineapple, mango, grapes, cantaloupe, and bananas. He cut it up and served it on beautiful silver platter. I wasn't that hungry but it was perfect. He is a wonderful husband, better than I probably deserve. I did go through a fair share of boys to find him so I guess I deserve him!!

Anonymous said...

He is a very good man! MaRea I am glad you are feeling better! I guess I will let you off the hook for not calling me back the other day:)

I love you!

The Marcons said...

What a thoughtful post! I'm glad to hear Marea is feelin better!

theadventursofsidandlinda said...

Kyle, I am so glad you are contributing to the written word, you do it so well. You brought tears to my eyes to know that you know how blessed you both are and in turn what joy you bring to my life because of your love and happiness.

I read Nie